Skip to main content

Sorry, I Am Having Some Difficulties

So, I just wanted to post this short update to explain the lack of content recently.

Halfway thru June I developed some type of strange digestion problem. I was not digesting food correctly. Sometimes food was, uh, leaving my body in a way that looked exactly like how it entered my mouth. It was kind of alarming but not to the point that I sought medical attention. I think this might have come about because I started doing a ton of exercise and started eating differently. The thing is that I also was feeling a little out of it for a while, and, unfortunately, I then caught COVID at the beginning of July. I had it pretty bad, and I thought I needed to go to the hospital. I didn't end up having to do anything like that, but, as someone who is immuno-compromised (type 1 diabetes) I was prescribed Paxlovid.

Halfway thru July, I was physically better from COVID... mostly. I have had some serious issues since then, even if a lot of the major problems have gone away. I feel more tired than usual, and I have been having trouble concentrating on things. Remember the out-of-it feel from earlier? It doesn't feel like it's really gone away. I also have some pain. If I move my left arm in a certain way, there is a bunch of pain that wasn't there before. I also had some really bad pain for two days in my shoulder and back to the point that I could barely move.

This COVID thing and this digestion thing - it's been... weird...

Coupled with having to catch up on a grueling class I was taking, having to manage a bathroom remodel that was already scheduled, attending Tekko (this article is gonna take some time), and having to do various day-to-day stuff like work and take care of our guinea pigs, it hasn't been super easy. Since the class and the remodel are done, I feel like I am finally catching my breath. You will see the Final Fantasy VII Remake review get finished very soon, and I also have an important article about 3 Rivers Comicon that has been mostly done since around when I got sick in June.

Stay tuned. Thanks for reading.

EDIT: Unfortunately this was not the end of this! After publishing this article, our fridge broke. I also started school again, and we got a new car. It's really been a time!

EDIT 2: A little bit after updating this with the EDIT, I also got a cold and a rash, and we are having some issues with a leak on the second floor. I thought the illnesses were monkeypox. They are not. I am still experiencing some symptoms of both. They aren't that terrible, but it's just like... I don't even know anymore.

Follow EfreetEater on Facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PlayStation Basement #49 - RayStorm

This review was originally published on the Console Purist Facebook group on August 3rd, 2019. The initial review missed the paragraph about the game's sound design, but it has been re-added here. Good evening and welcome to another PlayStation Basement! PlayStation Basement runs every Saturday with a review of an obscure or odd game for PS1. I don't like numerical reviews too much, so the games are rated Good, Neutral, or Bad. Let's go! Thinking about the anniversary of Apollo 11, today we're talking about RayStorm (aka Layer Section II ), an epic shmup from Taito. A sequel of sorts to 1994's RayForce / Galactic Attack (the games share the same gameplay but have a seemingly unrelated storyline), RayStorm was released to arcades in 1996. It was ported to the PlayStation January, June, and September of 1997 in Japan, North America, and Europe respectively. The excellent Working Designs did the North American port under their Spaz label. RayStorm was also re...

PlayStation Basement #67 - Poy Poy

This review was originally published on the  Console Purist  Facebook group on December 7th, 2019. Hello once again, and welcome back to the PlayStation Basement. PlayStation Basement is a weekly review of games for the original PlayStation that are somewhat obscure, unusual, or unknown. Games are rated Good, Bad, or Neutral to emphasis the review over just a number. Now, let’s go! The holidays are approaching for people all over the world, and Thanksgiving was last week in the United States. Have you visited your family, or have they visited you? Have you had friends over or gone to someone else’s house? This is the time of year for gatherings, and today’s game is the game for that. Poy Poy is a party/arena fighter released by Konami. The game came out in Japan and North America in 1997. In Japan it was known as Poitters’ Point . Europe saw Poy Poy in 1998. This title was developed by Konami subsidiary KCET who worked on many other games for the main company....

PlayStation Basement #27 - Lightning Legend: Daigo no Daibouken

This review was originally published on the  Console Purist  Facebook group on March 2nd, 2019. It has been edited slightly for formatting. Spring will be here soon in the United States, and yesterday was National Pig Day. I intended to review a pig-related game today called Butage de Iin Janai? . Unfortunately, this Monster Rancher -style simulation game proved beyond me in terms of navigating menus of Japanese text without a guide. Still, PlayStation Basement carries on. As with every Saturday, I’ll be reviewing an odd or obscure game for the original PlayStation. My reviews are intended to de-emphasize the standard point system you see in a lot of video game reviews, so I use a nine-point scale where 9-7 is Good, 6-4 is Neutral, and 3-1 is Bad. The emphasis is on the word used, not so much the number. This week, I present to you Lightning Legend: Daigo no Daibouken  or Lightning Legend: Daigo’s Great Adventure . This is a 3D fighting game with anime/manga-st...