Skip to main content

Sorry, I Am Having Some Difficulties

So, I just wanted to post this short update to explain the lack of content recently.

Halfway thru June I developed some type of strange digestion problem. I was not digesting food correctly. Sometimes food was, uh, leaving my body in a way that looked exactly like how it entered my mouth. It was kind of alarming but not to the point that I sought medical attention. I think this might have come about because I started doing a ton of exercise and started eating differently. The thing is that I also was feeling a little out of it for a while, and, unfortunately, I then caught COVID at the beginning of July. I had it pretty bad, and I thought I needed to go to the hospital. I didn't end up having to do anything like that, but, as someone who is immuno-compromised (type 1 diabetes) I was prescribed Paxlovid.

Halfway thru July, I was physically better from COVID... mostly. I have had some serious issues since then, even if a lot of the major problems have gone away. I feel more tired than usual, and I have been having trouble concentrating on things. Remember the out-of-it feel from earlier? It doesn't feel like it's really gone away. I also have some pain. If I move my left arm in a certain way, there is a bunch of pain that wasn't there before. I also had some really bad pain for two days in my shoulder and back to the point that I could barely move.

This COVID thing and this digestion thing - it's been... weird...

Coupled with having to catch up on a grueling class I was taking, having to manage a bathroom remodel that was already scheduled, attending Tekko (this article is gonna take some time), and having to do various day-to-day stuff like work and take care of our guinea pigs, it hasn't been super easy. Since the class and the remodel are done, I feel like I am finally catching my breath. You will see the Final Fantasy VII Remake review get finished very soon, and I also have an important article about 3 Rivers Comicon that has been mostly done since around when I got sick in June.

Stay tuned. Thanks for reading.

EDIT: Unfortunately this was not the end of this! After publishing this article, our fridge broke. I also started school again, and we got a new car. It's really been a time!

EDIT 2: A little bit after updating this with the EDIT, I also got a cold and a rash, and we are having some issues with a leak on the second floor. I thought the illnesses were monkeypox. They are not. I am still experiencing some symptoms of both. They aren't that terrible, but it's just like... I don't even know anymore.

Follow EfreetEater on Facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PlayStation Basement #67 - Poy Poy

This review was originally published on the  Console Purist  Facebook group on December 7th, 2019. Hello once again, and welcome back to the PlayStation Basement. PlayStation Basement is a weekly review of games for the original PlayStation that are somewhat obscure, unusual, or unknown. Games are rated Good, Bad, or Neutral to emphasis the review over just a number. Now, let’s go! The holidays are approaching for people all over the world, and Thanksgiving was last week in the United States. Have you visited your family, or have they visited you? Have you had friends over or gone to someone else’s house? This is the time of year for gatherings, and today’s game is the game for that. Poy Poy is a party/arena fighter released by Konami. The game came out in Japan and North America in 1997. In Japan it was known as Poitters’ Point . Europe saw Poy Poy in 1998. This title was developed by Konami subsidiary KCET who worked on many other games for the main company. Poy Poy

PlayStation Basement #9 - Countdown Vampires

This review was originally published on the  Console Purist  Facebook group on October 27th, 2018. It has been edited slightly for formatting. It’s Halloween next week, so I’m here in the PlayStation Basement with another horror game. Every Saturday I’m here to review strange and obscure games for the original PlayStation using a nine-point scale where 7-9 is Good, 6-4 is Neutral, and 3-1 is Bad. Let’s get to it. In the last two weeks, I reviewed Oh! Bakyuuun and Swagman , both horror-related games but not the much touted “survival-horror”. Personally, I think survival-horror is kind of a goofy name, as it’s more marketing than anything else. Once “Resident Evil” came out, these games certainly had a very specific style, but at heart, these are adventure games with action elements. Countdown Vampires  is no different. Developed by K2 and published by Bandai, Countdown Vampires  was released December 22nd, 1999 in Japan and August 21st, 2000 in the United States. This game t

PlayStation Basement #11 - Dragonseeds

This review was originally published on the  Console Purist  Facebook group on November 10th, 2018. It has been edited slightly for formatting. Hello and welcome back to the PlayStation Basement. I’m actually in another state right now at a tabletop RPG convention called Con on the Cob, but I’m still here to do the review like every other Saturday. PlayStation Basement is a series of reviews about strange and obscure games for the original PlayStation. As always, I’ll be using a nine-point scale where 7-9 is Good, 6-4 is Neutral, and 3-1 is Bad. Today, I’m continuing on the monster-raising trend started last week with Eternal Eyes  with this review of Dragonseeds . Dragonseeds  was developed and published by Jaleco in both the US and Japan in 1998. Despite what the title may sound like, this is a game about a city where dragons are created via cloning and gene splicing; these are not your standard, organic, fantasy dragons. The setting is somewhat futuristic and reminds me o