Skip to main content

Trigun Stampede - First Announcement


A new Trigun series was just announced for what will be the 25th anniversary of the anime series. It's coming 2023 thru Studio Orange and later Crunchyroll. More info will be available next month.


And, yeah so, it looks okay from first glance. It's hard to tell much from just an image, but I have some thoughts about it. For one, I really love Trigun, so I am excited for a new series. It's not clear to me if it is a remake or a new story. I am slightly worried about the art style and that we won't see Johnny Yong Bosch in the dub this time. The series is announced as being a CG show this time; that's not particularly unusual. Ever since I watched Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters, I have been really hesitant about CG stuff. The more recent Berserk series doesn't look very good either, though I haven't watched that. With Trigun Stampede, the colors are really nice with some great details too. The more I think about it, the more awesome I can see it being! Just, please, get most if not all of the original cast for the English dub!

Follow EfreetEater on Facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PlayStation Basement #49 - RayStorm

This review was originally published on the Console Purist Facebook group on August 3rd, 2019. The initial review missed the paragraph about the game's sound design, but it has been re-added here. Good evening and welcome to another PlayStation Basement! PlayStation Basement runs every Saturday with a review of an obscure or odd game for PS1. I don't like numerical reviews too much, so the games are rated Good, Neutral, or Bad. Let's go! Thinking about the anniversary of Apollo 11, today we're talking about RayStorm (aka Layer Section II ), an epic shmup from Taito. A sequel of sorts to 1994's RayForce / Galactic Attack (the games share the same gameplay but have a seemingly unrelated storyline), RayStorm was released to arcades in 1996. It was ported to the PlayStation January, June, and September of 1997 in Japan, North America, and Europe respectively. The excellent Working Designs did the North American port under their Spaz label. RayStorm was also re...

PlayStation Basement #67 - Poy Poy

This review was originally published on the  Console Purist  Facebook group on December 7th, 2019. Hello once again, and welcome back to the PlayStation Basement. PlayStation Basement is a weekly review of games for the original PlayStation that are somewhat obscure, unusual, or unknown. Games are rated Good, Bad, or Neutral to emphasis the review over just a number. Now, let’s go! The holidays are approaching for people all over the world, and Thanksgiving was last week in the United States. Have you visited your family, or have they visited you? Have you had friends over or gone to someone else’s house? This is the time of year for gatherings, and today’s game is the game for that. Poy Poy is a party/arena fighter released by Konami. The game came out in Japan and North America in 1997. In Japan it was known as Poitters’ Point . Europe saw Poy Poy in 1998. This title was developed by Konami subsidiary KCET who worked on many other games for the main company....

PlayStation Basement #27 - Lightning Legend: Daigo no Daibouken

This review was originally published on the  Console Purist  Facebook group on March 2nd, 2019. It has been edited slightly for formatting. Spring will be here soon in the United States, and yesterday was National Pig Day. I intended to review a pig-related game today called Butage de Iin Janai? . Unfortunately, this Monster Rancher -style simulation game proved beyond me in terms of navigating menus of Japanese text without a guide. Still, PlayStation Basement carries on. As with every Saturday, I’ll be reviewing an odd or obscure game for the original PlayStation. My reviews are intended to de-emphasize the standard point system you see in a lot of video game reviews, so I use a nine-point scale where 9-7 is Good, 6-4 is Neutral, and 3-1 is Bad. The emphasis is on the word used, not so much the number. This week, I present to you Lightning Legend: Daigo no Daibouken  or Lightning Legend: Daigo’s Great Adventure . This is a 3D fighting game with anime/manga-st...